Welcome to Café Sombre !

10 Infused Water Ideas

By 4:40 AM , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

I've tried many infused water recipes and here are some of my favorites for anti-bloating, weight-loss & more;  they are tasty. good for your skin and metabolism, over all healthy, and make a great instagram photo!

I recently bought the trendy 'VOSS' Artesian water from my local grocery store. Although it does cost more than an average water bottle, it is made of glass so you can totally reuse it knowing that they're BPA-Free! VOSS also does their best to be an environmentally friendly company and recently donated money for the Arts. To read more on their company you can here.  The design of the bottle has a larger opening at the top which helps when adding ingredients! This clear bottle is great for reusing and wont leave a gross chemical taste when left in the sun. I've tried many simple recipes and here are my favorites; they are tasty. good for your skin and metabolism, over all healthy, and make a great instagram photo! 

1. Anti-bloating:Citrus Infused Water
Lemon in your water helps you with kidney health, helps metabolism (which can lead to weight loss), has vitamin c, and can also fight cancer; Read here. But when you add cucumber and mint it can also reduce uncomfortable bloating and helps with appetite control! This specific drink doesn't need to be refrigerated after being served; it can last up to 3 days with no cooling. Once I was ready to drink I grabbed half a lemon and squeezed the juice straight to my water for a detox boost. (photo by loseweightbyeating)

2. Strawberry Kiwi
This is my favorite! The water is naturally sweet and gives me a burst of energy. The strawberries took some more time to flavor than the other fruits but it was well worth it! (photo by withluckblog)

3. Blueberry & Raspberry
The blueberries were hard to work with so I gently crushed them. My nieces loved these, which is a far better alternative for soda! (photo by desertchica)

4. Berry Peach
This drink is made up of peaches, blueberries and raspberries. It will naturally make you berry energetic. I also added some coconut water which made it even more refreshing! (photo by harmonyhealing

5. Grapefruit & Pomegranate
The original recipe for this included actual pomegranate juice but I solely used these two fruits to make one delicious water. Red grapefruits are packed with vitamin c which help with metabolism and may help lower your risk for high cholesterol, heart disease, and certain types of cancer! (photo by themerrythought)

6. Relaxation: Pineapple Strawberry
This one is not only refreshing and tasty but it also helps relax! The original recipe included sage, with the pineapples and strawberries, which has been used in aromatherapy to help relax. Try adding it! (photo by doctoroz)

7. Anti-aging: Berry Blast
Dark berries and pomegranate seeds are rich in antioxidants which help your skin from aging! This recipe includes pomegranate seeds, blueberries, and blackberries. I added mint which made me feel more awake!(photo by doctoroz)

8. Weight-loss: Tangerine & Green Tea
This recipe is made with green tea, tangerines, and a bit of mint. Although this was not my favorite tasting drink it did help me lose 5 pounds! I cut half a tangerine into smaller pieces, added one cup of green tea, a couple of mint leaves (for flavor), and the rest with water. If you choose to make a larger batch you can do 8 cups of green tea, one whole tangerine, and a handful of mint leaves. You can drink that pitcher once a day. (photo by doctoroz)

9. Pre-workout Muscle Relief: Watermelon & Mint
Research has shown that watermelon juice helps reduce muscle soreness the next day and keeps the heart-rate down when drank before a workout. Read more here. I used 1/2 cup of watermelon, 1/2 cup of coconut water, then filled the rest of my VOSS bottle with cool water. I let it sit over night and voila, I had my self a hydrating, relaxing, pre-workout drink!

10. Skin Cleanser: Mango Berry
Mango helps fight cancer, stabilize cholesterol, strengths immune system, reduces kidney stones, works as a skin cleanser, and more! This recipe requires 1 cup of mango, 1/2 cup of mixed berries, 2 slices of lemon, and 2 cups of water. This is one of the tastiest I've tried and also helps minimize pores!  (photo by marieclaire) There are many other recipes but these 10 were my favorites.

Whats great about all these is that they are vegan, tasty, and good for your health. Let me know if you try any of these or are thinking about it!

-Sarah Michelle

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. going to try them all, great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog!! I also nominated you for the Liebster Award!!
    http://fullofgeek.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete